top of page

Gram

The Lantah Network supports digital representations of any currency or asset but it also has it's own native token, called gram [GRAM]. This token is used by protocol to fulfill several roles, ultimately enabling digital assets to move directly between people, companies and financial institutions.

Fundamentally, grams are used to pay transaction fees and meet minimum balance requirements. Without some kind of nominal barrier or cost, the network's ledger could easily be attacked by bad actors and filled with spam. Imposing a minimum balance on each account and a very small transaction fee, are small enough barriers to remain widely accessible, but large enough to discourage bad behavior.

Anything is money

The ability of transact various digital assets is built-in to the protocol, with a decentralized exchange having no intermediary arranging settlement and no intermediate custodian. Because every account has and needs grams to transact, grams can always be a direct or intermediary medium of exchange between any digital asset on the network.

Anyone can send and receive payments regardless of what is being spent or received.  Every token on the network is exchangeable with any other token, and the protocol itself connects buyers and sellers. One could theoretically order a coffee, pay with corn futures, and the shop receives gold. Anything is money.

THE Gram Supply

Unlike other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, grams cannot be mined. 1 trillion grams will be created in the genesis wallet the moment the Lantah Network goes live. No other grams can or will ever be created. As outlined in our mandate, 900Gg, or 90% of the total supply will be placed in an escrow, forming a 100+ year long escrow enforced by the protocol. The remaining 100Gg, or 10%, will be Lantah's seed fund.

inflation over time (2).jpg

Assuming each annual payment is spent in it's entirety, 9Gg will enter the circulating supply each year.

bottom of page